The AJ supports the architecture industry on a daily basis with in-depth news analysis, insight into issues that are affecting the industry, comprehensive building studies with technical details and drawings, client profiles, competition updates as well as letting you know who’s won what and why.
Depending on which year or volume you might need to access, the University Library has the following subscriptions :
- Current access via the Construction Information Service (CIS).
- Via Nexis from the 18/12/1997 to 08/12/2015
- Via Art and Architecture Archive 1929-2005
- In print: years 1947-2007 are held in the Research Reserve which is our off campus storage facility. You can request volumes to be brought back so you can view them in the Philip Robinson Library or ask our team to scan individual articles and send them to you electronically.
- In print: years 2007 to the most recent copy are held in the Philip Robinson Library on Level 4 at shelfmark PER 720 ARC
The AJ Buildings Library is a digital database that showcases more than 1,900 exemplar projects, most from the last 20 years but including major projects back to 1900.
You can search for projects by age, cost, architect, building type, footprint, location, and a combination of these.
Each project featured in this digital database includes full project data (more than 20 items of information) and comprehensive architectural photographs and drawings (plans, elevation, section) – all provided at high resolution.
Drawings can be downloaded and printed out to their original scale. NB Vector pdfs and CAD files are not available for download and all copyrighted images are protected.
You will need to set up an account using your Newcastle email at https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk and then you will be able to log in.